IWSLT 2011 Workshop
IWSLT proposes challenging research tasks and an open experimental infrastructure for the scientific community working on spoken and written language translation. The IWSLT 2011 Evaluation Campaign will focus on the translation of TED Talks, a collection of public speeches on a variety of topics. Four tracks are proposed addressing different research tasks:
- ASR track: automatic transcription of talks from audio to text (in English).
- SLT track: speech translation of talks from audio (or ASR output) to text (from English to French).
- MT track: text translation of talks (from English to French, Arabic to English, and Chinese to English).
- SC track: system combination of ASR outputs (in English) and MT outputs (in English and French).
Main challenges of the proposed tracks are:
- Open domain ASR, clean transcription of spontaneous speech, detection and removal of non-words, and talk style and topic adaptation.
- Open domain SLT, translation of speech or ASR output into true-case punctuated text, and talk style and topic adaptation.
- Open domain MT between distant languages, and talk style and topic adaptation.
Training of MT systems and language models for ASR is constrained to data supplied by the organizers. As for ASR acoustic modeling no training data are distributed, participants are allowed to use any publicly available data recorded before 31 December 2010.
CELCT is in charge of the subjective evaluation of the MT tasks using crowdsourcing methodologies.
To participate in one or more tracks please fill in the Registration Form https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dERLZGY4TXZuTDYybHZTZEMwTXdVS2c6MQ and join the IWSLT2011 Mailing List http://groups.google.com/group/iwslt11 in order to receive announcements and information about the IWSLT 2011 Evaluation Campaign.
For further information please see http://iwslt2011.org/doku.php?id=06_evaluation